Thursday, July 11, 2013

Recipe: Nectarine and Blueberry Summer Salad

I don't really have hobbies.  Never have.  I'm not really good at anything.  I'm not athletic or artsy. Aaron is always getting on to me about finding one.  I just haven't ever really found anything.  However, if you consider it a hobby, I like to cook and bake.  I don't know if it qualifies because it technically fulfills a basic necessity of life- eating.  At any rate, I enjoy pinning recipes and reading food blogs. So here is one of my latest discoveries.  It was super simple and was so easy I don't know if it counts as cooking.  It was just the perfect thing to make for a summer evening when you don't want something heavy.

Ingredients:
Bag of fresh spinach
nectarines (1 per person)
blueberries (handful per plate)
almonds (toasted)
grilled chicken
creamy poppyseed dressing

I saw this on one of my favorite food blogs- Pinch of Yum.  Lindsay actually made her creamy poppyseed dressing, but I cheated and used one of my favorite store bought dressings.

 
My mom introduced me to this dressing a couple of years ago when she made us a salad to go with a meal she brought over for us to eat, and I have been in love with it ever since!
 
 

 
This salad is as simple as it sounds.  It's really just washing, cutting and assembling once you grill your chicken.  In fact, you could short cut that and buy the bag of already grilled chicken in the deli if you wanted to.  I chose to grill my chicken in my grill pan with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.  Just layer it all on the plate and add your dressing.  Easy and delicious! 

1 comment :

  1. What a beautiful meal! This is the best hobby EVER!! I wrote down the name of that dressing --haven't ever found a poppy seed dressing that we really like. Will try this soon....

    ReplyDelete