Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Strawberry Pie recipe

We may be in Florida on the beach today, but that isn't keeping me from joining Andrea at Momfessionals for her recipe link up.

 
The recipe I am sharing today is another favorite of Aaron's.  In fact, I made it on Fathers Day for Aaron and my dad. I got this recipe originally from Mix and Match Mama, but being my mother's daughter I had to make it my own.  If you would like the original recipe with a layer of bananas, a different pie crust, and more sugar, you can find it here
A big thank you to Shay at Mix and Match Mama for sharing this delicious pie recipe.
 
 
 

Strawberry Pie

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker pie crust
3 oz. of cream cheese ( I used the 1/3 less fat)
1 c. sugar
a large container of Cool Whip ( I used the Lite)
juice of a lemon
1 container of strawberries plus a few
 
In your mixing bowl, beat your room temperature cream cheese adding in the cup of sugar and lemon juice.   Then, fold in your container of Cool Whip.  Set bowl aside.  Slice half of your strawberries.  Open your prepared graham cracker pie crust and line the bottom of the pie shell with a single layer of strawberries.  Pour your cream mixture over strawberry layer smoothing it evenly.  Now, cut up the last of your strawberries.  I wait to do this later so that I can make sure I cut them up so they really look pretty when you arrange them.  I usually just cut them in half and then begin arranging them into a circular like pattern.  Put your pie in the fridge overnight before serving. 
 
For better cutting, stick it in the freezer a few hours before you serve unless you want it to be a little messy.  The messy pie slice doesn't bother us because it's delicious, but it you want a pretty slice freezing it should help.
 
 
 
This seriously is the best pie!!!  It's perfect for summer.  Plus, it has strawberries.  And summer and strawberries just go hand in hand.  Don't they?
 
Enjoy!!!
 

6 comments :

  1. This looks amazing!!
    Pinning it!
    I hope you're having a BLAST in Florida!!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I'm adding it to my 4th of July dessert menu! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! I'm walking down to your casa the next time you make this little gem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! This sounds delish (and like something I could whip up, which is a big deal, ha ha!) I will be trying this asap!

    ReplyDelete