Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Come On In- Kitchen/Dining Room

I love that Andrea at Momfessionals has been doing these great link ups.  It has been great for me because it pushes me to post something outside of my norm.  I also like it because how cool will it be to look back in 10 or 20 years and see what our house looked like when J was little.


Our house is quite small and far from Pinterest-worthy, but it's our home clutter and all!!!  I think probably the most complimented room in our house is our dining room.  Ironically, we spend very little time in there, and it's the last room I dust and mop.  Lucky you, I have dusted a lot more in the last several months because we've had some special family celebrations in this room.




 
The Pottery Barn table and chairs was one of our first purchases in this house.  I knew I wanted a more "formal" dining room.  I still love the square table and slipcovered chairs.  I think it fits our "style" so perfectly. 
 I also LOVE our wall color.  It is pumpkin orange.  The bold orange against the white wainscoting really pops. When we moved in five and a half years ago, I knew our colors would be blue and green. I then decided to go for something different and have orange be my accent color.  This was during the days when EVERYBODY was using red as their pop color, so needless to say I had difficulties finding accents in orange for around my house.  I still LOVE my orange!!!  I mean how many people paint their dining rooms a bold orange!!!
 

 
I also really love our breakfast nook.  It's where we eat all our meals as a family of three.  I love the light from the windows.  One of my favorite things about the house when we bought it.  And I adore the Pottery Barn table and chairs in this space.  This was a Christmas present from my parents 3 or 4 years ago.  I had been eyeing it and telling my mom how much I loved the set, so one day right before Christmas she showed up with it.  Talk about a great Christmas present!!!  We also just recently added the light over the table.  Another Christmas present from my parents this last year.  It really made the space more modern and just fits in with our style. 


 
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with my galley kitchen.  It is very small, and I use it a lot!!!  There are many days I wish for more cabinet and counter space!!! 
The green on the walls was actually the first walls we painted in our house five years ago.  The walls before were a dirty mauve, and they had to GO!!!  There are still many more things I would like to do in here, like a new backsplash, but like most things that will have to wait for later.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the tour!!!
 
Have a great Tuesday!!!

7 comments :

  1. The table in the kitchen is just perfect there in front of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your square table and your green walls! You and I both seem to love color :)
    Thanks so much for linking up!!!
    :) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange color in your dining room! Your dining room looks awesome. The green color in your kitchen really pops well with your cabinets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen and dining room Hayley! So cozy and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love your paint colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the colors that you used! They look fantastic, especially the orange!

    ReplyDelete