Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday

It's J's nap time.  I just mopped the kitchen floor.  I did something productive, right?  So now I am going to blog a little.  I am linking up with Darci and friends for Five on Friday.

-ONE-


We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond on Monday to exchange my Mothers Day present.  J had the best time looking at the mixers and the fans.  Note to self, if I run out of things to entertain J in the summer, I need to take him to BBB to look at home appliances.
 
-TWO-
 
 
This is what I got for Mothers Day.  I actually went to BBB to exchange the one Aaron got me, which was larger and more expensive for the one above.  It is a Breville compact juicer.  They had to order it and mail it to me.  I am so excited to start playing around with juicing.  I am really hoping I can get some veggies down J in the form of juice.
 
-THREE-
I ran a quick errand on Wednesday night and left my boys playing in the water table.
 
-FOUR-
Yesterday was Career Day. It's the one school day a year that is all mine.  Which is good and bad and stressful.  If it were all on me, I would be okay, but having to depend on other professionals who are volunteering there time to show up makes me even more stressed.  They are so many variables that could go wrong.  Thankfully, it went really well.  Not quite as well as last year because I had 2 presenters that very last minute couldn't come and present, so I had to go to back up plans.  I love doing it every year, but I am more than glad to say it's over.
 
-FIVE-
We have been looking at getting a swing set for the backyard for J, but I have been dragging my feet because of course I don't know which one to get.  Who knew there were so many options!!!  Wood, plastic, metal.  Really expensive or really cheap.  I am leaning toward the one above from Walmart.  It's only $199, and it has a lot of different things on one set.  I am mainly worried it might be too old for J.  It look perfect for a 5 year old.  Anybody have thoughts on swing sets that aren't too expensive?
 
 
That's all for now.  I am excited because my parents are taking J to a Rangers game and keeping him overnight.  So we are going on a date to see a movie!!!  Now, I understand why parents of little children never go to the movies!!!  I can't remember the last movie I saw!!!
 
Have a great weekend!!!
 
 


5 comments :

  1. We've been meaning to look for a playground set for our girls! Probably will have to wait another year, but there are so many options! So of which are super expensive! Oh my goodness am I glad I have some more time to look for one! Totally forgot we had a water table till I saw your post! Looks like I need to drag it out! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a movie in the theaters in over a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really love keeping J! He had such a good time at the Ranger game!
    Love those sweet pics of him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous of your juicer! We need to get one. You'll have to share your favorite recipes when you get it and start playing around with it!
    Yay for a night together! I have yet to leave Mia overnight but I'm itching to rip that bandaid off! I think Eric and I could really use it! Which movie did you see?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "note to self" -- I laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete