Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Recipe: Oven Roasted Chicken and Veggies

It's been a while since I shared a recipe, and at that I haven't posted many. Sometimes I need a nudge.  Thank you Andrea!!! So today I am sharing a recipe that is staple in our house.  It seems like lately I have made it a lot more, which might be because we live with a picky little eater.  Another reason is because it's sooooo easy and always delicious!!!

 



Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 lb. potatoes
2 carrots
1 envelope of onion soup mix
1/4 c. olive or 1/3 c. water + 1 T. olive oil
1/2 t. garlic powder

Directions:
Chop chicken breasts, potatoes, and carrots into bite size pieces all about the same size.  Put them in a gallon size baggie.  Add onion soup mix, garlic powder, and either the oil or water/oil combo.  Seal baggie and shake contents until everything is coated with mixture.  Pour contents onto a greased and foil lined cookie sheet spreading pieces evenly.  Bake at 375 for 30 to 45 minutes. 



The recipe is so simple.  I usually use a half a bag of baby carrots and to save on fat I use the water/oil coating and it's always just as delicious.  I know the baking time is a little crazy, but the original recipe says to bake it for 50 minutes and I have never baked it that long.  As long as you watch it, you can tell when it's done.  It should be golden and crispy. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. 


Plus, if you have a picky two- year-old like mine, you can trick them into eating by giving them ketchup for dipping.  It in no way needs ketchup, but J will eat it if he can dip it.  :)

And if you are looking for more new recipes, head over to the link up at Momfessionals where lots of other bloggers are sharing their favorite recipes.



1 comment :

  1. Sounds so good, especially with the onion soup mix!!
    The ketchup tip is a good one! Nolan is picky, but loves the red stuff.
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete