Monday, April 14, 2014

What's on My DVR

Today I am linking up with my new favorite blogger.  Andrea at Momfessionals.  If you haven't been to her blog, you should.  She amazes me with her style, creativity and endless amounts of energy.  She started a new series called "What's On"  and today it's "What's On-- Your DVR,"

I have two categories for my shows.  I have shows I watch all the time right now.  And I have shows that I used to watch faithfully week after week, but only watch them on occasion.  I may be the only person that does this, but they are a couple of shows I just can't not record even though I don't watch every single week anymore.

So here's what's on my DVR--


1.  Revolution

I loved this show its first season. However, I have had trouble with it this season because I have been a little confused here and there, watch it and you'll know what I am talking about.  But overall, I still really like it.  Some of the dialogue between Miles and Monroe makes me laugh out loud.  To be so intense some moments the funny moments are just as great! Who would have thought Bella's dad from Twilight could kick some serious butt!!!
 
2.  Vampire Diaries
Yes.  This is a teen show.  But, I LOVE it!!! Aaron borrowed the first season last summer from his cousin, and I just rolled my eyes.  I thought it was going to be a total Twilight rip off.  It isn't.  It is way better than Twilight!!!  It's addicting.  We watched all 4 seasons last summer, so we would be caught up for season 5. The bonus is the two main characters aren't bad to look at either.  Try it. I promise you will be hooked.
 
3.  Drop Dead Diva
I have been watching this since day one, and I still love it.  It was one of the few shows on during the summer, so I would get so excited because I had a show to watch when everything else was re-runs.  It just started it's final season a couple of weeks ago, and I am so sad.  I love Jane.  I love Grayson.  I love Stacy.  I love the whole cast.  If you are looking for a fun show to watch.  Try it out!!!
 
4.  Nashville
This is probably my favorite show.  I love the music and the drama.  And Hayden Panittiere is beautiful and can act!!!
 
5.  Chicago PD
 
This show just started in February, and I am hooked.  It is kind of like Rookie Blue with less Grey's Anatomy drama.  I started watching this because of Sophia Bush (Brooke in One Tree Hill), and I still get excited to see it every week.  I am so glad I gave it a shot.
 
6.  Mad Men
This is actually more Aaron's show than mine.  This was one of the shows we chose to make our "summer" show several years ago, so we watched Seasons 1 through 3 over that summer.  Then we began watching it in real time for Season 4.   I'll be honest for Seasons 5 and 6 and didn't watch every episode.  Why?  Well, I had just had J and sleep won out over watching this show.  I plan to watch it more closely this season though.
 
7.  Rookie Blue
 
It's actually not on my DVR right now, but it will be in 2 months. I get so excited every June when this comes on.  It's a silly cop show that is really less cop more Grey's Anatomy, which is really the reason I watch it.  Definitely, a guilty pleasure!!!
 
 
Now the following 3 shows are on my DVR, but I don't watch them every week anymore.  Why?  I have lost interest in them, but I just can't not watch them.  I still watch an episode here and there when I see a commercial that really intrigues me.
 
1.  Bones
I started watching this show 4 seasons in.  It was the summer of 2010, and I suddenly decided I wanted to watch it.  I borrowed the first 3 seasons from my mother-in-law, and then watched season 4 on I-tunes before Season 5 started in the fall.  I fell in love with Agent Boothe and Forensic scientist Brennan a.k.a. Bones.  The chemistry between the two of them is amazing, but I have to say once the two of them got together in Season 6, I lost interest.  I did watch their wedding this season and cried, but do I have to watch it every week anymore. No.

 I have watched Castle from the beginning.  Nathan Fillion is the best!!! I love him as Castle.  Yet again, they got the two main characters together last season, and I lost some interest.  I still catch an episode every now and then.  I just don't watch it every single week.
 
 
3.  Hart of Dixie
 This is probably the stupidest show I watch. It's about a NYC surgeon who moves to Bluebell, Alabama, and all the crazy things she learns about living in the South. I am not a faithful watcher anymore.  My husband would kill me, but the main reason I watch it now is because he wants to watch it with me.  Isn't that sweet?  He wouldn't watch it with me when I first started watching it 3 years ago. Then, I started noticing he would hang around as I was watching.  Now, he will start it up and ask me if I want to watch it.

Well, that's what's on my DVR.  I can't wait to read what others are watching.  I am looking for a fun show to watch this summer. I am thinking Scandel?  What do you think?

 

2 comments :

  1. Looks like some fun viewing! I am the exact same way about Bones.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see what you mean about losing interest once Castle & Beckett got together.
    I love them together, but they're always toying with it--like Beckett is either feeling it, or she's not. I'll be surprised if they walk down the aisle without a million things going wrong first :)
    Thanks for the recommendation on Chicago PD. I wasn't sure if it was worth watching, but I'll give it a try! :)
    Scandal is a really addicting show once you start. But there's definitely a lot of objectionable content! (As with most of these kinds of shows lol)
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete