Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Come On In... Our Family Room

Hey Ya'll!!!
I'm linking up again with Andrea at Momfessionals for her Come On In series.  This month she is asking us to show our family rooms. 

I thought it would be fun to play along because what better to document than the place we spend the majority of our time- our family room. 

 

 
 
 

 
 
 
I really love our living room/play room.  We just recently completely rearranged it and totally opened up the room.  It's funny how moving furniture around can make you feel like you are living in a new house.  We had lived with it the other way since we moved in because the cable to the TV forced us to put the TV on the wall the couch is now on.  With the new wireless U-verse boxes, we were able to move the TV to a different wall giving us more options.  We absolutely love the space we now have because J has so much more room to play.  
You probably noticed the piano.  We don't exactly have tons of space for it, but I love it because it was my grandmother's.  It was her 16th birthday present.  When she moved out of her house,  I knew it was the one thing I wanted.  My mom stored it for me for until we moved into this house.  I just love having something that was hers, and I love that we are keeping it in the family.  I guess that's the sappy sentimental in me.  Who knows maybe J will take piano lessons one day and actually learn to play the piano (unlike me!).
Of course, there is always things I would like to do to spruce it up even more, but for now I really like the feel.  If you're wondering how we live with a room this clutter-free, it rarely looks like this.  What you don't see is all the junk I collected behind the chair, so I could take this nice picture.  :)
 
 I have always loved seeing other people's houses, and how they live.   I think you can learn a lot about a person by looking inside their house.    
 
I hope you enjoyed a peek into ours. 
 

1 comment :