Saturday, May 31, 2014

Jackson Gets Tubes

After a suggestion from one of J's therapists, we had J see an ENT at the end of April.  The ENT decided J indeed would benefit from tubes, so yesterday J got ear tubes.  While it's a pretty common surgery, you just never know.  And being a mom, I was a little nervous about it.  I don't know why because I seriously have the happiest boy in the world. 
Thankfully, we didn't have to be at the hospital until 8 am, so we didn't have to get up all that early.  I had envisioned waking J up at 5:30 to get him to a 6:30 appointment.  How it turned out was great because he woke up on his own at 7, and I was able to load him up in the car and head out.  We picked up RaRa on the way because Daddy couldn't come with us.

Let me just brag on my boy for a minute.  We arrived at 8 am and had to go back and wait until 9:25 when they took him back.  That's a LONG time for a 2 year old!!! I honestly think my mom and I were more impatient about the situation than J. There were kids all around us crying and screaming, but did J?  Nope.  He just played on our I-Phones and listened to "Happy" over and over. 




 
Then, about 9:15 the nurses came and gave him "giggle juice."  It was actually a medicine that went up his nose.  Within about 3 minutes, he was super chill and a little loopy.  This next pic is after the "giggle juice."



He got super giggly and silly.


Then, he started looking a little "drunk."  In true J fashion, he never whined, cried, or fussed.

 All the grandparents in the waiting room.
 

About 15 minutes after we left J, the doctor came out to tell us that it went well.  He had lots of thick fluid in his ears, but everything looked great!!!  Then, 15 minutes after that we went back because J was awake and in recovery.  He threw up the water and juice they gave him, but other than that it went perfectly.  Again, no crying or whining or screaming.  Pretty much all smiles.
 

Heading home with my sweet boy.

J wanted to use the barf bag as a hat. :)
 

Silly boy :)

We made it home and he wanted to check out the play house that Aunt Holly and cousins brought by the night before.  We played and snacked and he took a two and half hour afternoon nap.
 
 

You would never know J had tubes put in yesterday.  He is doing his normal J things and being his happy self.  He is such a good boy, and I couldn't be prouder to be his mommy!

3 comments :

  1. He was a patient, patient! RaRa looks a little loopy in one of those pics. lol.
    Happy boy! Love my sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that it went so smoothly!! What a good boy!
    Sweet that his grandparents were there too :)
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad everything went smoothly! I know EXACTLY how you felt! No surgery, big or small, is easy for the parent. He was such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete