Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday Little Blog!!!

Today marks one year of blogging.  I can't even believe one year has passed since this post.  I completely started this blog with no real hopes or goals.  I just wanted to document our lives.  I did a horrible job with J's first year, and I knew I didn't want to forget the day to day happenings of our family.  I had already started reading a few blogs and had found that some of them were printing their blogs into yearbooks.   That was the final push that got me to start blogging.  The thought that my time spent blogging could produce something so special for my family sealed the deal.  However, the by product has been much more that that.  I have learned so much from other bloggers in the past year.  I have learned more about being a better mommy, a better Christian, a better cook, a better shopper...the list goes on...

The funny thing is that over the past year it really has turned into my hobby, and something I look forward to.  In some ways, it's more than a hobby to me.  It's a way to meet new people that I would never know otherwise.  Many people probably don't even realize this, but I don't have a lot of friends. I haven't had a really close group of girlfriends since college over 10 years ago.  I have had an extremely difficult time finding friends or "kindred spirits" since college and after marrying.  Through this blog, I have connected with other women that are great mommies.  I have connected with other women that have a strong passion and love for the Lord that truly inspire me to be better.  I have connected with other women that are so creative they make Pinterest seem boring.  I have learned a lot this past year from fellow bloggers.

When I started this blog, the only people I knew for sure would read it was my mom and my mother-in-law.  I never dreamed anyone else would actually comment.  Last fall, I started doing a random link-up here and there, and I noticed other people started commenting.  WOW!!!  It was so cool that someone other than family would comment on my little ole blog.  I found blogs through these link-ups I never would have known.  Now, I have a couple dozen blogs I follow daily.  Some bigger blogs.  Some smaller blogs.  When I first started blogging, I would read and wouldn't comment, but now I comment all the time.  I get so much encouragement from the comments left by other women that I want to do the same in return.  Who doesn't love encouragement and feedback?

I am so excited to see what this second year brings.  I can't wait to learn more and meet more bloggers and make more bloggy friends. 

I'm not going to set any big goals for this blog this coming year because I still want this to be fun.  I do plan to continue to post frequently, but hopefully more than just pics of the family.  I have lots of thoughts going through my head, so I think it might be fun to write more of those ideas down as well.

Just for the fun of it I looked at some numbers for my blog.
  • I have posted 122 times.
  • 221 comments have been left.
  • My most viewed post (439 views) was Beach Vacation- Part 1.  That was because I linked up with one of my favorite bloggers, Kelly's Korner, for great vacation spots.
If you take the time to read my blog, thank you.  The comments I receive mean so much to me.   I don't expect to receive comments, but I sure do love it when I get them. 

Happy 1st Birthday little blog!!!  I look forward to what our future holds...

6 comments :

  1. WooHoo! Happy bloggy b-day! Love your blog, and love following the adventures of your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday! I love reading your blog and following you on Instagram! You have such a sweet family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I love reading your blog! And I love your new design! I have been wanting to get a new one for a while but just haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recognizing that your blog is 1 yr old is proof of how time flies! Wow!
    Happy Birthday, to finding an outlet to express your thoughts, share yourself and your sweet family with your readers! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, Hayley! Happy birthday to your adorable blog! I don't always comment, but I do read! :)

    ReplyDelete