Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 4th

We had such a great July 4th this year.  We spent the 4th at home which is quite unusual.  Since we've been married we've been out of town for many of these holidays.  It was fun to be at home spending time with family and friends.

After a relatively lazy morning, we headed over to Cousin Katy's for her annual pool party.







 
After Katy's, we headed home for showers and a quick nap for J before heading to RaRa's and GPa's party they were having with their small group from church.  While J napped, I finished up my festive cake.  I loved how it turned out.  Thank you Mix and Match Mama!!!
 
At RaRa and GPa's, we ate and ate and ate.  There was so much food!!!
 
 
  
 My mom knows how to decorate a table and make it look so cute and festive!!!
 

 
Then we hung out by the pool for a bit before it was time for J to go night-night!

 
And J made a new friend!  J only has a short list of people he will go to- Mommy, Daddy, RaRa, GPa, Meema- Well that list extended by one to Jackie.  I have proof.
 
J looks distressed, but he actually willingly went to her.  By the time I got my camera a couple of minutes later, he was starting to do this.
 
And a big thanks to Scott for doing an impromptu, family photo shoot with his amazing camera.
 


And he got some amazing shots with J and RaRa!!!
 
 I hope everyone else's 4th of July was as great as ours.  We are truly blessed!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment