Thursday, July 11, 2013

J's First Swim Lessons

We attempted swim lessons for the first time this year.  Notice I say attempted!  Swim lessons didn't work out so well for us. 
After much research and help from my FB friends, I decided on the YMCA.  I personally didn't want to spend a lot of money on swim lessons this early in J's life. Plus, I thought doing a Parent/Child class would be best for our little "stranger danger" guy!

This past Monday I was pumped about the lessons.  I was excited to learn some things to work with J on to help him in the water. That excitement went away once we stepped in the pool.  First off, it was very crowded.  They had 8 or 9 of us in one small section of the pool.  The bigger issue was the fact that J was just too young.  All the other children were 2 and 3 years old and on a completely different level than J.  The instructor really tried to modify the skills, but it still just wasn't the best for J.  I knew after about 20 minutes we would not be coming back.  I think it might have been a little too much for J with all the people in a small space, too.  At one point in the middle of the pool, he started becoming very interested in car that looked like GPa's in the parking lot.  Of all things!!!  A care in the parking lot when we were in the pool!  Maybe a little ADD? Regardless, I am so glad we tried it out!!!  And super proud of my little water baby!!!


 


 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment