Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fun Summer Salad and Link Up!!!

I decided to join in on the fun with another fun blogger today!!! This is my first time to ever link up with anyone in blog land. I thought since I have a fun summer salad, why not share it!!! I made this salad a couple of weeks ago, so here it is again!

 
Nectarine and Blueberry Summer Salad



Ingredients:
Bag of fresh spinach
nectarines (1 per person)
blueberries (handful per plate)
almonds (toasted)
grilled chicken (1 chicken breast per person)
creamy poppyseed dressing

I saw this on one of my favorite food blogs- Pinch of Yum.  Lindsay actually made her creamy poppyseed dressing, but I cheated and used one of my favorite store bought dressings.

LOVE Brianna's Poppyseed Dressing!!!



My mom introduced me to this dressing a couple of years ago when she made us a salad to go with a meal she brought over for us to eat, and I have been in love with it ever since!
 
This salad is as simple as it sounds.  It's really just washing, cutting and assembling once you grill your chicken.  In fact, you could short cut that and buy the bag of already grilled chicken in the deli if you wanted to.  I chose to grill my chicken in my grill pan with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.  
 
On a plate layer spinach, sliced grilled chicken, bite size pieces of nectarine, a handful of blueberries, and a handful of toasted almonds.  Then top it off with a good drizzle of the poppyseed dressing.  It's quick! It's delicious! It tastes like summer!  Enjoy!!!
 
 
 
 
Linking up with The Larson Lingo
 
 

Summer Salad Swap

2 comments :

  1. I made this when I saw it on pinch of yum, too! SO delicious!

    We have good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dressing....and I love the combo of blueberries/nectarines. Totally adding this to my must make list. YUM! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete