Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Brunch

This year I decided to host a Christmas brunch for the ladies in our Sunday morning Bible class.  This brunch had become quite a tradition for our age group as Rachel hosted one yearly.  Because she and her family no longer attend WWCC.  I thought I would host one this year instead.  I knew our Bible class girls needed a get together.  I thought maybe a Girls Night but went with the brunch idea.  I invited everyone on a private Facebook invite and was super surprised giving only 2 weeks notice that 10 girls were able to come.  I know how busy it is during December, so I was super pleased with the turn out.
I love hosting things.  Unfortunately, I don't do enough of it.  I had a great time planning the menu, baking, and decorating for it!!!
 
 
 
For dessert, I made red velvet cake balls, peanut butter blossoms, and chocolate peppermint coconut macaroons.
 
 
 
 
 
My mom found the recipe for this amazing punch in one of her cookbooks.  It was delicious!!!! I definitely would make it again.
 
 
 
 
The menu was ham and swiss pinwheels, French toast soufflé, hot spiced fruit, sausage and spinach quiche and apple spinach salad.  Everything turned out delicious!!!
 
 
 
I have no idea if I will make this an annual thing,  but I sure did enjoy putting this together.  It was a great way for us girls to get together and really talk without hubbies and kids.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment