Monday, December 29, 2014

Sickness and the Sing

Unfortunately, during J's last week of school before Christmas break, he got sick with a cough.  I mean cough all night slept until 10 am because he was exhausted sick.  Because of that, we didn't go to his class Christmas party on Wednesday.  His sweet teacher says that students that don't come to school on days of the actual party are welcome to attend.  We went to his Halloween party on a Wednesday, but we weren't able to go to the Christmas party.  Instead I let him sleep late and took him to the doctor.  Luckily, we caught it early, so no ear infections (yet!!!).  Just red nose and throat from coughing and drainage.  Dr. Hull put him on antibiotics to make sure it didn't turn into anything worse.  Who wants a sick kid at Christmas?  Right?
 
Waiting to see the doctor
 
 
J got a sucker after his visit.  He reminded me of this before we even arrived at the doctor's office.  He has a really good memory!!!  I also love that he is all smiles despite not feeling his best!
 
 
Because J wasn't contagious, we were still able to go to the annual family Sing.   Meema hosts this every year.  It includes all of her sisters and their families.  It's quite a tradition. There is always food, silly games, and of course sitting around singing Christmas carols and church hymns.
 I am so glad we were able to go this year.  J was sick last year for the Sing, so we missed it.  I am sensing a theme here.  Christmas time= Sickness  
Boo!!!
 
I didn't take many pictures at the Sing.  Here are the two I did take.
 
 


1 comment :