Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Birthday Weekend

This past weekend we continued celebrating Aaron's birthday.  Like I've said before, birthdays are big deals in our family. 

On Saturday afternoon, my parents watched J, again!!! Yep.  They're amazing!!!

This gave Aaron and I sometime to do our own things.  I ran errands, and Aaron chose to go for a run.  The weather has been beautiful, so he decided to take advantage while little old me decided to go to Babies 'R Us and Target to get some more things for Baby Bennett. 

I had made reservations at Bob's Chop and Steakhouse in downtown Fort Worth.  We had never been to this place before, but it was Aaron's choice.

I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it was.

 
Birthday Boy!!!

 
Our amazing dessert- Peanut Butter Brownie Sundae!!!
It was too die for!!!
 
On Sunday after church, my mom had us over for lunch to celebrate Aaron's birthday as well.  She made him a delicious shrimp and rice dish with asparagus.   It was so good!!!  Then, for something different she went to Nothing Bundt Cakes and got Aaron a cake.  She got the cake of the month that had caramel and pecans in it.  Pretty appropriate seeing as Aaron's other favorite dessert flavor besides strawberries is caramel. 
 

I love how Nothing Bundt cakes decorate their cakes!!!

 Blowing out the candles!!!
 

 
J is really getting into the whole birthday thing!!!  He loves blowing out candles.  We had some leftover cake last night, and he thought we needed more candles.  I guess he has a point.  It is a birthday cake. 
 
We finished off our weekend with our Financial Peace University class at church.  My parent again watch J, so we can attend.  After our class, we headed back to my parents to get J.  My dad had gotten Subway sandwiches, so we stayed and ate.  And as usual, J cried when we had to leave.  He loves RaRa and GPa's.  What's not to love!!!  It's his Nirvana!!! 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment