Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Babymoon

This past weekend Aaron and I had our babymoon.  I think we did one before we had J, but I honestly don't remember.  It's weird how more meaningful these times together are once you have children.

Because Aaron tutors every Saturday morning now, we opted to have our weekend start after lunch on Saturday.  We met my parents for lunch and J went home with them. 

After running a few errands, Aaron and I went and saw the movie, American Sniper.  I don't get to many movies anymore, but I am so glad I made it to this one.  It was amazing!!!


After the movie, we went to dinner and then went home to watch some more Friday Night Lights.

 
Aaron and I started this series a few weeks ago on Netflix, and we are kind of addicted to it.  We are already through Season 1 and into Season 2.
 
 
On Sunday morning, we slept in a bit and went to church close by.
 
 
 
Then, we headed to Dallas to stay the night at the W Hotel in Victory Plaza.  We used some of our credit card points to stay the night.
 
 
 
 
We relaxed the hotel lounge before walking to dinner.  I don't know if this counts as a craving, but I have been craving soft drinks like Coke.  I know they are horrible for you, and I don't usually drink them all that often (maybe a couple of times a week), but lately I have wanted one every single day.  Anyway, I had a Coke and snacked on some of their spicy popcorn.
 
 
 
We had pizza at this place just down from the hotel.  Supposedly, USA Today said it was the best pizza in Texas.  NOT!!!  It was okay but not spectacular.   Then, we went back to the room and rented a movie and ordered room service desserts.  It was fabulous!!!
 
 
 
The hotel had this mat at the entrance to the elevators.  They change them out throughout the day to say Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Evening.  How fun!!!

This is the only pic we got of the two of us. 

 
And here I am at 35 weeks!!!  Where has the time gone?  We will be meeting Bennett before we know it!
 
After hotel breakfast, we headed back to reality.  My parents brought J home around 1:30, which gave us time to get home and get a few things done- like laundry and a pot of chili on the stove.  It was such a nice weekend!!!  Knowing J was having a great time with RaRa and GPa made it so much easier, too.  Anytime J is with them, I don't worry one bit.  If he can't be with me, the next best thing is my parents!!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





1 comment :

  1. Yay for a night away! I have been craving sodas lately and I am NOT pregnant! Somehow I missed the name announcement! LOVE the name Bennett!!

    ReplyDelete