Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lately...

Unfortunately, like I predicted, the blogging has been put on a back burner.  School is back in full swing, and I am not finding as much time as I did this summer. 
I started back to work 2 weeks ago, and have been going, going, and going.  This part-time mama that normally works 50% of the time (or so my contract says) has worked about 80%.  Can you say exhausted?  I am not used to being away from my boy so much.  The first week back was professional development week, so I was doing counselor training from 8 am to 4 pm five days in a row.  Talk about shock!!!  I went from seeing my boy all day every day for 7 straight weeks to seeing him from 4:30 to 7:30 every evening.  It was hard on this mama!!! 
I know once we get back in school my time should go more back to normal.  I just consider these pre-weeks a way for me to donate some extra time to get the job done well.  I am super thankful for a mom and mother-in-law that are so willing to pick up the extra slack as I work more.  I am also thankful Aaron has been off the last 2 weeks to spend lots of time with J.  They are definitely bonding which is really good.  I hate the circumstances why Aaron is not working, but nonetheless the timing is pretty good for me with school back in full swing.

Today was a great day!  The weather has been amazing here in Texas the last few days.  Can't believe it has only been in the high 80's/low 90's.  It's been a wonderful break.  We went for a walk this morning, and when I first stepped outside in shorts and a tank top, I was almost a bit cool.  Totally weird for August 17!!! 
We really spent the day just hanging out as a fam not doing much of anything.  My mom called this morning to offer to keep J for us, so we could go to a movie and dinner.  So around 3:30, Aaron and I headed to see-

 
WOW!!!  Such a great movie!!!  If Oprah doesn't get an Oscar nom for this role, I think the Academy is nuts!  This is definitely worth going to see.  It's EXCELLENT!  For non-Obama people, you will really like it until the last 10 minutes when it goes a little over the top on the love for Obama.  It was so all about Obama I truly thought President Obama was going to make a cameo himself.  It seemed a little far fetched, but of all of our presidents he's the most Hollywood, so I didn't think it was out of the realm.
 
After the movie, we headed to Mijo's for a quick bite before getting J from RaRa's to take him and put him to bed.
 
 
The only I pic I got this week, and it happens to not be of J.  How crazy is that!!!  Mommy and Daddy on our fun, free date.  We used movie passes we got at the WWCC Silent Auction and a Mijo's Groupon.  I guess we paid for it.  Just not tonight.  It made that date that much more fun!!!


1 comment :