Monday, September 30, 2013


I have been so busy with work lately.  I spent 3 hours working on Saturday night, and then worked an hour last night.  I really should have worked tonight, but I just couldn't do it.  I really like my job, but this is the busiest time of year.  Working part-time, it's just so hard to get everything done that really needs a full-time counselor.  All of that being said, I have been just a little stressed lately, and have had work on the brain A LOT!!!  Today is the only full day I'm off this week.  So I really tried to enjoy it and my time with J.

Here's some pics of what we've been up to lately.

I am the head of the hospitality committee at school.  I was in charge of our first event of the year.  We had a breakfast in honor of Hispanic Heritage month.  So of course breakfast tacos were in order.  If you've never had Taco Cabana breakfast tacos, you should try them.  They are delish!!!  I was also quite proud of myself because they donated two dozen of the six dozen I ordered.

J has had a runny nose for almost 2 weeks, so finally on Friday my mom made an appointment for him.  When I got off work on Friday, we took him to the doctor.  Poor baby had a mild case of croup!!!  Here he is during his check.

Friday night we went out to dinner.  We went to Zio's, an Italian restaurant.  It was Aaron's pick.  I'll be honest I think the main reason he picked it was because it's right next door to our favorite yogurt spot, Yummilicious!!!
Enjoying his cheese pizza!!!

 J decided to roll while we were eating yogurt!!!

 So silly!!!
Saturday morning we made a trip to Costco. J had to test out on of the kid's cars.

Sunday afternoon was pretty relaxing!!!  On fifth Sundays, we don't have small group which means we have an extra long afternoon.  While J was napping, this momma ran some errands and got a much needed pedi.  I think it had been 2 months!!!  Way too LONG!  I went from a summer color to a fall one.  A dark bronze!!!

After J's nap, we headed to my parents to watch the second half of the Cowboys game.  I bought a roll of sugar cookie dough at the store to make some pumpkin spice snickerdoodles, so I took it with us and made them at my parents.

 J had his pizza in front of the TV.  He's never done that before.

 Wearing Daddy's cap
 J's cookie
 J loves RaRa's Ipad
and Iphone
Today, we didn't go to our Bible study this morning because we had J's speech therapy.  It turned out okay because we had a fun day anyway. Aaron and I started the day with a green smoothie.  It's a part of a 30 day challenge I signed up for.  Surprisingly, Aaron liked it more than me.  All I got to say is it could be a long 30 days.

J and I ran errands after his therapy and came home just in time to have lunch with Daddy.  Then we played outside in the driveway before naptime.  It cracked me up that he wanted to push his stroller around.  This was all his own doing.

After naptime, we headed back out and one of our stops was Hobby Lobby.  I didn't put him in a cart instead I let J walk around on his own.  I didn't find anything I was looking for, but J sure did have fun exploring.
 With the Dora coloring book he discovered.
 On the baking aisle, he found some fun sprinkles to shake.
 Then, he found the silly string.
 Don't know what it was about the can, but he played with them for a good 3 or 4 minutes.  He would have hung around longer if it weren't for momma pulling him away.
Last stop, the veggies
 He really like the red bell peppers.
Now, if only he would eat the veggies on his plate at dinner.

Now, off to bed so I can tackle a full day at work tomorrow.  I think I'd rather stay at home with my boy and play outside and do fun toddler things.  I guess that will have to wait for another day.


  1. I just can't get enough of this sweet boy! He has fun wherever he goes!
    Nice job on the first breakfast! Very festive!

  2. Breakfast tacos??? hmm, not sure about those. :) What's in them?