Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hello Fall!!! So Glad You Decided to Visit!

Today we got a taste of fall, and it was fabulous!  I have been wishing for fall for the last couple of weeks.  So much so that I decorated for fall last week.  This is what I have done so far.  I can't get my mantle to look the way I want it to this year, so I don't have a picture of it yet.

I like how my piano area turned out this year. I have had the two Halloween guys for several years.  They are from Home Goods.  I got the lit up Jack-o-lantern at Target for $6, and I just love the Halloween sign.  I got that today randomly at Barnes and Noble.

GG gave me that cute little mini Jack-o-lantern several years ago.

 
Love my "vintage" sign I found at B&N today.
 
Despite feeling not so great today!  I think it's allergies!  I can't stay away from a box of Kleenex.  Today was a great taste of fall. We had lunch and ran a few little errands.  While at B&N I got J a Halloween book--
 
It's super cute!!! And not creepy like some of the ones I looked at!
 
 
I got my first pumpkin spice latte of the season from Starbucks.  Aaron says it's dorky, but I stand by my statement, "A pumpkin spice latte is fall in a cup."  Love them!!!
 

 


 
 
J and I even had a "fallish" looking dinner.  We're fancy over here I tell ya!!!
 
Yes, that is a baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon.  Doesn't it look good with my orange placemat and mini lit up Jack-o-lantern!!!  I tried to color-coordinate when I can. ;)

My little picky eater loves a sweet tator, and he's getting better at feeding himself.  Just one of the many things we are working on with him!  Practice, practice, practice!!!
 
I hope this is the first of many "fallish" like weekends.  Now, to get it cool enough, so we can visit the pumpkin patch and wear jeans and long-sleeves.  Bring it October!  Bring it!!!



3 comments :

  1. I look forward to fall in Texas, and all things pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decorations -- and the wonderful fallish cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete