Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Favorites

Today I am linking up with one of my favorite bloggers, Andrea, and her friends, Erika and Narci.
Momfessionals











Since we are talking about favorites, I thought I would highlight some of my favorite things from this past week.


First off, I hit 16 weeks on Sunday, so I thought I should have Aaron take a picture.  Doubtful that I will have Aaron take a pic every week, but I thought I should get one since I am starting to show.

 
 
Second, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have been an organizing/decluttering fool on the days J is at school.  We are making room for the new baby as well as getting ready for a garage sale at the beginning of October.  Here were two of my projects for this week-

Cleaned out my closet and reorganized.  I try to do this at least once a year, and it was in desperate need.  I am so excited because I can now see the floor again!!!




 
I also worked on the cabinets in our laundry room.  They are constantly a MESS!!!  I got rid of stuff that was not needed as well as went to Dollar Tree and got a few extra containers for organization.  Then, I put my label maker to use and labeled the containers.  It doesn't look like much, but let me tell you I feel so much better.  Mainly, because I actually know what is in there now.


I decorated for fall this week as well.  I will do a more detailed post later, but I put up on IG this pic of one of our jack-o-lanterns.  J loves the glowing pumpkins.  If I haven't turned them on by the time he gets up, he goes around putting to them and saying "On".


Here is a picture of what J's lunch looks like.  Not the healthiest but he's picky so I just try to pack semi-healthy things that I think he will actually eat.  He especially loves the Mickey Mouse shaped cheeses.  My mom discovered these a few weeks ago at Walmart Neighborhood market and we have been buying them ever since.  We are now on our third bag.

Last night we had one of my all-time favorite meals.  Breakfast for dinner.  I just started doing this more in our house and am loving it.  It's one meal I don't actually put on my meal plan because I always have everything to throw it together.  I kind of feel like I am saving money.  Something I am even more keenly aware of given that I don't work right now.
 



I love looking in J's folder after his been to school. I like seeing the work his teacher sends home with him as well as little notes she writes.  Yesterday's note was the best!!!  When I went to pick him up, she told me verbally he had a SUPER day and that she can see him adjusting more to school.  Yay J!!! 
I don't have a picture, but we went to a Parent Orientation for J's school last night, too.  My parents came over for about an hour and played with J, so we could go.  I have been looking forward to this since we got the calendar.  I just wanted to know exactly what he would be learning and what their expectations are for him.  Another thing, I love about him being in a private school, even for preschool.  It seems more legit because you know they really want the students to learn things, not just play all the time.  I guess I am going to be one of those dorky parents that get excited to go to Open House and Meet the Teacher Nights, even when he is in junior high and high school!!!
 
 
I'm excited for the weekend!!! J is spending the night at my parents tonight, so Aaron and I have a date night and we get to sleep in tomorrow!!!
 
 
Have a great weekend!!!

3 comments :

  1. GREAT faves!!! A very productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bump is adorable! I love breakfast for dinner . And I am jealous of you decorating for fall. I bought cute decor last year but am not putting it out this year since we are in the townhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful pregnant lady! Happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete