Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hodgepodge of Happenings

Hey Ya'll!!!
I just realized I haven't been keeping up with our latest happenings, so today you are getting a bunch of randomness.

1.  A couple of Fridays ago, I took J to The Little Gym.  I have been wanting to take him to one of their classes for a while.  We didn't have a lot to lose because the first time you go is free.  J had a lot of fun.  If it weren't so pricey, I would be more likely to sign him up, but I am on the fence.  Plus, you have to pick one class you want to go to every week.  That's hard with my work schedule constantly changing and all of J's therapy appointments.  I think we might sign up eventually, just not right now.


2.  After Little Gym, we went to the car wash for the first time in FOREVER.  I love J's reaction in this next picture.

Then, we came home and ate Christmas mini M&M's we found in the pantry.
And later on that night- I came into the living room and found this!!! Boys will be boys!!!
3.  The next day I felt icky all day.  I didn't have a lot of energy, and I didn't eat a thing all day.  I sat on the couch the majority of the day, which is so unlike me.  It was nice to just chill and watch Notting Hill and Lifetime Movies all day.  Can I say I love a silly Lifetime Movie?
4.  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is J's newest favorite thing.  They have free shows on InDemand.  We usually watch an episode every day with him .  He LOVES the first 3 or 4 minutes when the crew is singing and dancing, and then the last 2 or 3 minutes when they are singing and dancing "Hotdog."
5.  Aaron had MLK day off, so we went to the mall to do some more Christmas returns. We went to Northeast mall and had lunch in the food court.  There is an amazing little cupcake stand.  That of course, we had to try.  I got the flavor, red velvet volcano.  AMAZING!!!
6.  My mom has been wanting to get us a new light for our breakfast room.  She ordered one before Christmas, and she finally had it installed on MLK day.  I just love it!!!  It really makes the space look more modern.  It definitely fits our style so much better than the last light.

7.  I made this strawberry shortcake for Aaron for his birthday.  It's the easiest recipe.  I have made it countless times, and it's always delicious.

8.  This past Friday night Aaron and I celebrated his birthday by going out to dinner.  We went to Cacharel for the first time.  What a little gem in Arlington!!! It is seriously the best food I have had in the longest time.  It's pricey, but the food is high quality and so delicious.  It's also quiet and peaceful, which is hard to find in a restaurant anymore.
Cream of Asparagus
Pecan crusted chicken
Chocolate lava cake with Grand Marnier cream sauce
Phyllo dough with white chocolate mouse layers
 
A big thanks to my mom for watching J overnight by herself, so we could have an evening to ourselves!!!
 
Well, we are now kind of caught up!


2 comments :

  1. I LOVE spending time with J! He is my most favorite grandson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much to comment! I have been wanting to do something like little gym with Cooper, but he gets to do 'tumblebus' at school twice a month. I figure that is good, but I wish I got to see him do it. We just went through the car wash for the first time with my sister a few weeks ago and Cooper loved it. We did it in my car this weekend. That cupcake looks amazing! And my friend Oliver's dad co-owns Cacharel!

    I love posts like this with a little bit of everything!

    ReplyDelete