Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday

It's the first full week of the new year, and I don't know about you, but I've been having trouble getting back into the groove.  I had the hardest time getting up and out on Tuesday for work.  I guess I just didn't want the two week break to end. 
Despite my struggle, I have made dinner four nights in a row.  Woohoo!!! I always feel so good about myself the weeks I do my meal planning, go to the store, and feed my family from home four nights in a row.
 I have kept on top of my laundry, too.  I have done at least one load every day.  That's a wonderful tip my mom taught me after J was born.  Do one load of laundry every day.  Before him,  I was horrible about doing the laundry every Saturday or Sunday.  It would pile up and up, and then every weekend it would take FOREVER to get it all caught up again.  While I don't always do this, I did this week which means my laundry basket is empty right now.  I love that feeling!!!
So here are my FIVE this Friday--

-ONE-
 


This is what we were greeted with on our return home from our cruise on Saturday night.  A freshly painted and organized garage.  My parents had the guy that organized their garage a while back come in and redo our garage while we were on vacation.  I cannot tell you how much better it looks.  Our garage was embarrassingly filthy and so disorganized. Now, I feel like I have more spaces to put things.  Our house has been feeling so small since we added J, and this is going to help us be able to live in our small house for a bit longer.  Thanks Mom and Dad for being the most thoughtful parents!!! They are constantly doing big and little things that catch us off guard and surprise us.
 

-TWO-
I have been using this stuff for almost a month now, and it's AMAZING.  This is Mary Kay's TimeWise Microdermabrasion set.  It exfoliates the dead skin and leaves your skin feeling so soft.  I use it at least once a week when I am taking a shower.  Then I follow up with the replenish cream before putting on my moisturizer and eye cream.  I can tell such a difference in the smoothness of my skin since I started using it.
 
-THREE-Cinnamon Frosting 1.3 oz. Mini Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
 
I have been burning this candle all week when we are home and it smells sooooo good!!!  I also love the fact that Jackson know about candles, too.  Anytime he wants to smell the candle or any candle we have out he starts sniffing and then points to it.  This means he wants you to take the top of the candle, so he can smell it.  He also knows when it's burning that it's hot.  He says, "aught, aught". So cute!!!
 
-FOUR-
 

 
I read this book on our cruise and loved it!!! I don't read that much because I don't have time to sit down and read.  When I knew we were going vacation, I knew I wanted to read a fun book.  This was a historical fiction with religious undertones.  A good read for sure if you like that kind of thing.
 
-FIVE-


I couldn't end a post without a few pics of my boy.  And yes, he is eating in every single one.  This little boy has started showing some 2ish tendencies lately, but I am proud of his eating the last couple of days.  Yesterday, he ate six chicken nuggets from Chick-fi-la.  I know to most that's not a big deal because most kids eat chicken nuggets, right?  Well, not J,  he is more into carbs than meat and veggies, so this was a wonderful surprise.  Then, today at Mimi's he ate five of her homemade meatballs.  As if that wasn't a lot, we had turkey sausage for dinner and he ate that, too.  My carb loading boy has turned into a carnivore over the last two days.  Who knew?
 
Have a great weekend!!!
 
 
 

1 comment :

  1. Love the gorgeous garage redo and your little meat lover!

    ReplyDelete