Sunday, August 24, 2014

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty great weekend over here.  Saturday was busy!!!  We haven't had many of those lately, so it was a fun change of pace to have plans.

We started out our morning with Meet the Teacher at Jackson's school. 
I am so in love with the school J is going to this year.  If you remember we tried a Mother's Day out program in January that I only took him to twice.  Let's just say I wasn't feeling it.  Plus, J got super sick with RSV after his second time, so that just kind of sealed the deal for me.  We won't speak of that little hiccup and move on to saying this is J's first time to go to school.  Because in all honesty it is.
If you have to go to school, this would be the place.



Every where you look it is happy and totally decked out!!! I love that!!!  To me, having bulletin boards up and brightly colored signs lining the halls say I am a school.    This is the hallway leading up to the 2 year olds class.  I had to take a pic of Jackson's jersey.  His teachers theme this year is being a an All Star on the team. That would be why he is wearing his Texas Rangers gear.  She asked her students to wear their favorite jerseys or sports team shirt for Meet the Teacher.




 
J's teacher, Mrs. Rickel, had their names on the table with bubbles for them to take with them.  J made himself at home pretty quick pulling cars off the shelves and playing on the rug.  I was so relieved because I wanted him to play for a while and get used to the classroom.  In fact, he really didn't want to leave, but because the whole campus was open, we wanted to take Daddy on a tour. 
 

 
First stop was the Nature Center and petting zoo.  J and his class will go here as a class once a week and get a lesson.  Let's stop for a second and think about that.  How cool is that!!!  Real live animals?  Yep.  They have goats, sheep, ducks, chickens, pigs, a turkey, and a llama.  Inside the nature center there are turtles, fish and a rabbit.

The elementary kids plant gardens and watch them grow.  This is that garden.


J loved the gym!!!  He was pulling balls out and throwing them around.  He will have gym once a week, too!


This is a little courtyard in the middle of the campus, and of course J went straight for the cars!!!

 
We ended our tour with a visit by his class again.  J's idea!!!  Again, I want him to want to go in and explore, so we went back in for a few more minutes.  It was nice because all the other kids had cleared out, and we were able to talk to his teacher some more.
I can't tell you how good I feel about this decision to put him in school.  I am so excited for him to go and learn.  I think two days a week is going to be a perfect start into going to school. 
 
Tuesday is his first day, and I am nervous because I think there will be tears when I leave.  I just hope that he learns to love it so much that in a week or two he will be dragging me to his classroom.
 
After Meet the Teacher, we headed with my parents to Dallas for lunch with my aunt and cousin for my aunt's birthday.  We haven't gotten together since April, so it was nice to spend some time together as a family.
 
 
We had lunch at Uncle Julio's, and it was soooooo good!!!  Seriously, there chips and salsa and enchiladas are the best!!!
 
We got home around 5, and we just spent the rest of the day being lazy watching TV.  It really was a great Saturday!!!
 
Sunday was pretty typical with church, lunch, and a lazy afternoon.  We are savoring these last few Sundays before our small group starts meeting again, and we have a gatherings in the evenings for Bible study and fellowship.
 
I hope everyone had a great weekend, too!!!
 

2 comments :

  1. That looks like an awesome school! I hope Jackson had a great first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN weekend before Jackson starts school. A busy little fellow!

    ReplyDelete