Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.  I love the tradition of it.  We always have the same food.  No potluck at my mom's house.  Thank goodness!!!  I really don't like potlucks!!!  Who wants to eat some random dish that might be just okay or eat store bought pie.  I mean really people.  It's the one day a year we eat the exact same food that we have had every year since I can remember.  And it's good food.  Food that has been perfected over the years.  There's no need to find a new version of it because it's the best.  Or at least the best in my book. 

So as we gather around the table tomorrow, I want to stop and think about what I am really, really thankful for.  Yes, I am thankful for the praline-topped sweet potatoes and the cornbread dressing, but I am also thankful for so much more.

I am thankful for my family.  I am one blessed girl to have such a wonderful family.  I have a wonderful Christian husband that holds the same faith as me, for that I am the most grateful. I have the sweetest little boy in the world.  He made me a mama which is now my most favorite job.  I have the best parents in the world that are generous beyond belief, and they love my son more than anything in the world.   I married into a wonderful family that also holds the same faith as me.  I am blessed to have a job I enjoy that allows me to work part-time and be with J more. I am blessed to live in my wonderful cozy house and have my almost 8 year old car.  The list goes on and on. 

More than anything, I am blessed to have been raised by parents that love the Lord and showed me that love.  Without Jesus Christ and his promise of salvation, I would be nothing, and all this other "stuff" would mean nothing.  That's what it's all about.  I think sometimes in our busy world, I know I forget to stop and really thank Him and praise Him enough. 

Thank you Lord for this wonderful day we have to stop and thank you for all that you do for us each and every day, especially the sacrifice of your one and only Son.

 
Today I'm linking up with my friend, Erin, at Homemade Happenings.
 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
 

1 comment :

  1. That's a great list!

    Tgiving is my fav holiday, too! And I'm totally w/ you, don't mess w/ the traditional recipes!!! They are great, they don't need tweeked!!! And we don't need to get rid of an oldie to bring in a newbie!! Sorry, I'm passionate about my Tgiving food! Ha ha!!

    Have a happy one!!

    ReplyDelete